How often does your favorite author come to a bookstore in a neighboring town to discuss the book you are enthralled with right now! I went to listen to Lisa See talk about her new novel, Shanghai Girls (that I am currently listening to in my car). She is an amazing author - this is her 7th - I have read three now, Snowflower and the Secret Fan, Peony in Love and now Shanghai Girls. I have some of her first books, which are mysteries, but I do better with audio than print at this point. If you haven't read her books - GO NOW...they are amazing!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Day 160
How often does your favorite author come to a bookstore in a neighboring town to discuss the book you are enthralled with right now! I went to listen to Lisa See talk about her new novel, Shanghai Girls (that I am currently listening to in my car). She is an amazing author - this is her 7th - I have read three now, Snowflower and the Secret Fan, Peony in Love and now Shanghai Girls. I have some of her first books, which are mysteries, but I do better with audio than print at this point. If you haven't read her books - GO NOW...they are amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh I'm jealous! I have read several of her books too. I have Peony in Love here at the hospital but haven't broken it open yet ;)
Margie
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's sooo cool! I just was checking out shanghai girls at the bookstore - have you ever read On Gold Mountain? It's non-fiction and it's fantastic, all about her family over the past 100 years. I am so jealous! wow!
Wow, that must have been very cool. I agree with Tammy. On Gold Mountain is fantastic!
Oh wow, that is sooo cool! I need to read more, I should check these out!
Post a Comment