Today is so special to me - today is six months that T. has been our daughter (at least officially - if you ask me, she was mine the minute I saw her face...) So I wanted to capture some beautiful, meaningful photo but when I went to find her, she had secreted herself into my bathroom and had coated her hair in Vaseline and sprayed the shower with hair de-tangler so here she is in her best "civil disobedience" pose in reaction to her timeout and I realized that THIS was the symbolic photo of being her mother, not the perfect, smiling photo. I love this child - naughty or not.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Day 58
Today is so special to me - today is six months that T. has been our daughter (at least officially - if you ask me, she was mine the minute I saw her face...) So I wanted to capture some beautiful, meaningful photo but when I went to find her, she had secreted herself into my bathroom and had coated her hair in Vaseline and sprayed the shower with hair de-tangler so here she is in her best "civil disobedience" pose in reaction to her timeout and I realized that THIS was the symbolic photo of being her mother, not the perfect, smiling photo. I love this child - naughty or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It can't have been six months?! But I guess you'd know! I love this photo and the journaling. Happy six-month anniversary!
Isn't that the truth! Love the photo and you heart felt journaling.
Happy 6 months! And isn't that what it's all about . . . the good and the bad! I couldn't help but smile, it's kind of like when Lizzie plastered the bathroom with toothpaste and when asked why "I don't know"!
Six months, I can't believe it! I love this photo, it tells such a story. :)
Oh, this made me laugh out loud! How beautiful: 6th months, the naughty behavior, that such awesome things become everyday life.
6 months!!!! Really? Wow! Love the photo and how you found the wonderful in the naughty and the messy. :)
The joys of parenting a spirited child! Congrats on the anniversary (even if I am late!)
Post a Comment