Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 20

Oh, PLEASE go to SLEEP!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Sorry the other one got messed up...)

I'm sure she's thinking, "why go to sleep when I'm so cute and you're taking pictures of me?"

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, she is sooo beautiful!! Her face is really filling out - how much has she grown??!!

As for sleep, depending on whether you're open to this idea.. and of course check with your pediatrician, but our lives changed infinitely for the better when I started giving the girls melatonin 30 minutes before lights out, with my pediatrician's blessing.

They each get .75 - 1mg dissolved in a couple of tablespoons of juice or milk right before they get out of the tub - then brush teeth and read story and say prayers and tucked in to bed separately; two songs and cuddles for QQ, and scritching and cuddles for LL, and poof - they're both OUT. LL would be up until 11:30pm every night, and QQ, well, she screamed for 60-120 minutes/night every night her first year home (often multiple times/night). I so wish I'd tried this earlier... our attachment progress would have been much easier... it doesn't KEEP them asleep, just helps them FALL asleep.

Now that QQ is not taking a nap at school, I can give her the dixie cup of juice without melatonin - and she still falls right to sleep, she's so worn out!! The placebo doesn't work for LL, altho I have been able to cut back on her dosage to .75mg.

The brand I like is "Pur" - comes in a capsule with a fine white powder. Tried another brand, but it didn't dissolve very well.

This really truly changed our lives - our bedtime routine used to be HORRIBLE with QQ - she could not settle down.. I think in anticipation of screaming time... Now bedtime is one of the best parts of our days... altho no doubt maturity helps, too!!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, she is so cute!! Tell her I never want to go to bed either. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet face! Great color in this picture.

Anonymous said...

She really is a beauty!!!

Like Sheri, we use Melatonin (with our Peds blessing as well) for Em. We crush up 1mg tablet and give it to her in applesauce. She was so funny, she had some applesauce the other day without Melatonin and said she dind't like it cuz it wasn't crunchy! LOL

Anonymous said...

OH she makes my heart just melt! this is a beautiful shot!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on the photo! Fabulous shot and the look on her face, awww..... ;)